It’s Disability Insurance Awareness Month!Julie Brooks
May is Disability Insurance Awareness Month – make it the month you talk to your clients and prospects about their Disability Insurance needs.
Statistically, over one in four of today’s 20 year olds will experience a long term disability before they retire.
Yet according to the Social Security Administration, 69% of private sector wage earners have no private long term disability insurance.
Also consider the fact that illness causes 90% of disabilities, and most long-term disabilities are not covered by workers’ compensation. Your clients could be financially vulnerable if they suffer from a disability.
Here are some questions you can ask your clients and prospects in order to get the conversation started:
- It’s important to educate your clients about how to protect their most valuable financial resource – their ability to earn an income.
- What is your most valuable financial resource? (What is it worth? Is it protected?)
- If you no longer received a paycheck, what sources would you tap into to pay your bills?
- How long could you survive without your income?
- What do you think your chances are of becoming disabled?
Contact Us for more information today!