Key To Success: Answer Your Underwriter’s Questions Before They AskJulie Brooks
If you were an underwriter and received the following application on your desk, what questions would you have?
- Female, age 35
- Noted to be retired with no annual income; Net worth left blank on the app
- Seeking $8 million of term coverage; Purpose of coverage left blank on the app
I know you’d be scratching your head wondering why is this woman retired at such a young age and why is she looking for $8 million of coverage?
What the producer forgot was a good cover letter explaining the purpose of the coverage. This client just inherited a very large estate and recently quit her job. Estate taxes were a concern. Based on the inheritance, the $8 million applied for was justified.
How can we help in this situation?
We are here to provide our expertise when it comes to writing good cover letters. We can even write them for you. We will help explain the purpose of your applications to our carrier underwriters.
However, the most important source of information about a proposed insured is you, so we’ll need your help to prove your applications are financially justified.
Key information we’ll need includes:
- What is the purpose of the insurance?
- How was the face amount determined?
- Who will be the policyowner and premium payor?
- What is the current amount of in-force and applied for insurance?
- Do you have any other pertinent documentation you can provide to explain how the amount of insurance was determined?
Give us the opportunity to help you move your applications smoothly through underwriting. If we answer our underwriters questions before they ask them, who knows?
Quicker approvals leading to faster receipt of commissions – then we move on to your next big app waiting to happen. Reach out to us today.