The Art of Selling DIJulie Brooks
Selling an Income Protection Insurance policy can be challenging, especially when your clients become overwhelmed with the terminology and options available.
Often times your prospects don’t know the criteria for the policy that suits their needs. It is your job to help them find the best fit while making the purchasing process as comfortable as possible.
Many producers feel it is necessary to discuss the intricate and sometimes confusing details of the Disability Insurance policy’s terms with their prospective clients before addressing the main requirements, causing them to lose the sale.
It is important to help prospects identify their most important criteria and simplify the purchasing process for them. Remind them to look at the big picture.
How can you help simplify this process?
Start by asking some of the following questions:
- How much monthly income would you need to meet your financial obligations if you got sick or hurt and could not work?
- Will you need to increase the policy’s monthly benefits in the future?
- What is your budget for your Income Protection Plan?
- Would you work in a different occupation if you were unable to do your occupation? Or would you wait to get well enough to get back to your job? (even Part-Time)
- Do you have any medical conditions that might preclude you from purchasing Disability Insurance at this time?
Remember to listen carefully as it is your job to make the decision process simple and manageable for your clients.
If you would like to learn more about Disability Income or need prospecting tips contact your Insurance Advisors Disability Income Specialist today.